No matter what project you are working on in your home, there are many different choices for you to make. Here are a few things to consider when purchasing a sink for your kitchen.
First, consider the material. Do you want cast iron, stainless steel, composite, or porcelain? There are advantages and disadvantages to each style.
Materials to Choose From…
- Stainless steel is a favored choice as it fits most kitchen styles and is durable. If it gets scratched, the scratches can be buffed out.
- Porcelain sinks are gorgeous, colorful, and work in traditional kitchens but will need to be treated carefully since they can chip and scuff.
- Composite sinks are easy to take care of and are impervious to scratches and chips.
- Cast iron sinks are durable and can be colorful as well.
Next, consider the layout. Two bowl sinks originally gained popularity when we would use one side to wash dishes and the other to dry. Now we have dishwashers that do most of our dishwashing so you can change the layout of the sink in your kitchen.
Layouts To Consider…
- A one-bowl sink basin is becoming popular. It is streamlined and looks alluring. It is also variable since you can have adaptations that help with food prep.
- Two basin sinks are still available; however, they are different now. You can have the two sides be the same, or they can differ in size.
- Triple basin sinks are another option. This has two larger bowls and in the middle is a smaller basin for food prep.
Lastly, you will want to consider the style. Do you like the corners rounded, farmhouse style, or self-rimming? Take time to peruse online to check out styles that you like.
Styles To Choose From…
- Self-rimming sinks are less expensive and more durable.
- Integrated quartz sinks are a good choice if you have quartz countertops as this will offer a streamlined look.
- The farmhouse is beautiful and charming.
- Undermount sinks are easy to clean and are also popular for their streamlined look.
- Sometimes an island will have a sink installed in it as well as a secondary prep sink.
No matter what you choose for the sink in your kitchen, make sure the company that you choose to help you remodel is caring and uses top-notch techniques. They should be able to look at your life and give your ideas that match your lifestyle.
Contact us (859-331-8100) today to make an appointment!
About W.Stephens Cabinetry & Design
Quality Cabinet and Hardware Suppliers
We are aligned with the top cabinet, appliance, hardware, and countertop suppliers in the world.
- Initial Client consultation – The design process beings with a consultation at our show room or in your home to obtain the necessary information needed to design your dream kitchen, bath, or space.
- Design – We carefully design the space, keeping your desires as the foundation of our creativity.
- Feedback / Design Approval – Working with you, using your feedback to get final Design approval.
- Installation Meeting – We meet with the installers, prior to installation to go over ALL the details.
- Post Installation Follow-up – We follow-up with you to make sure everything went well during installation.
Our award winning designs collaboratively work together to create the perfect space for you.
>> View our designers