If we design smart, we can add storage space where there isn’t any now. It’s rare to hear a homeowner say that they have too much storage. The following ideas will help you get the most out of your home, keep it uncluttered and looking great!
Kitchen Shelving Ideas
- Column Shelving – Some larger kitchens have columns so why not install some open shelving around the column? That way you will be able to get to everything easily and you have floor to ceiling storage where you had none before.
- Corner Shelves – Corners take up a lot of spaces so why not put some corner shelves in some of them for each storage.
Bathroom Shelving Ideas
- Overhead Shelving – This is especially needed in small bathrooms. Make sure to have narrow shelves in small rooms. Now you have room for all your lotion and potions and soaps!
- Recessed Shelves – If you have a large space then think about recessed shelving with doors.
Office Shelving Ideas
- Corner Nook – Hang floating shelves around your desk for more space to keep everything within reach.
- Shelves Above Your Desk – If you start your first shelve high enough above your desk than you have enough area for you computer monitor and much need storage above your desk where there once was nothing but wall.
Recessed Shelves – Just like the large bathroom, if you have a large space then think about recessed shelving with doors.
There are many places do find additional storage like under your stairs, in your closets, in playrooms, in your room, and in hallways. And remember that cramped spaces will always be best using light colors. So when hanging shelves in smaller room it may be time to repaint the room before you do. Lastly, if you can use a professional designer to find and design your extra storage so it looks natural to your home and not like a cluttered afterthought.
Contact us (859-331-8100) today to make an appointment!
About W.Stephens Cabinetry & Design
1-Source Turnkey Planning and Design Services
W.Stephens Cabinetry and Design provides planning and design services for the entire home including kitchens, bathrooms, wet bars, butler pantries, libraries, home theaters, and closets. Our designers follow a project from conception to completion, assisting clients in not only space-planning and design but also guiding clients through each step of the project.
Quality Cabinet and Hardware Suppliers
We are aligned with the top cabinet, appliance, hardware, and countertop suppliers in the world.
- Initial Client consultation – The design process beings with a consultation at our show room or in your home to obtain the necessary information needed to design your dream kitchen, bath, or space.
- Design – We carefully design the space, keeping your desires as the foundation of our creativity.
- Feedback / Design Approval – Working with you, using your feedback to get final Design approval.
- Installation Meeting – We meet with the installers, prior to installation to go over ALL the details.
- Post Installation Follow-up – We follow-up with you to make sure everything went well during installation.
Our award winning designs collaboratively work together to create the perfect space for you.
>> View our designers.
Please contact us (859-331-8100) to schedule a time for us to meet in our showroom or your home for a complimentary consultation about your project.