While simplicity and ease of use remain hot trends in kitchen design, today’s countertops are focusing on durability and clean, fresh color schemes – with texture used to provide a subtle sophistication that doesn’t clash with the cleaner lines of the kitchen. Eco-consciousness also plays a role in the hottest material choices, while mixing and matching materials provides increased functionality and a way to maximize aesthetic appeal without blowing the budget.
Kitchen Countertop Trends…
- Color schemes are trending toward clean, fresh, monochromatic choices, with shades of white and grey growing increasingly popular.
- Texture, both visual and tactile, is a hot trend, adding a fashionable touch that meshes with today’s simpler, more clean-lined kitchen designs.
- Eco-friendly choices continue to be in high demand, with manufacturers increasingly promoting countertop choices that are recyclable or made with a high percentage of recycled material.
- Durability is increasing in importance for today’s value-conscious consumers, man-made materials such as quartz seem to be gaining ground.
- Mix-and-match countertop designs – which may include a combination of wood, stainless steel, natural stone, laminate, quartz and/or glass – are often chosen to provide multifunctional properties while keeping costs under control.
- Glass is the new high-end “it” material, offering both eco-friendly properties and a nearly endless array of personalized design possibilities.
How to Pick a Countertop
Want to see what W.Stephens can do for you?
Contact us (859) 331-8100 today!
About W.Stephens Cabinetry & Design
1-Source Turnkey Planning and Design Services
W.Stephens Cabinetry and Design provides planning and design services for the entire home including kitchens, bathrooms, wet bars, butler pantries, libraries, home theaters, and closets. Our designers follow a project from conception to completion, assisting clients in not only space-planning and design but also guiding clients through each step of the project.
Quality Cabinet and Hardware Suppliers
We are aligned with the top cabinet, appliance, hardware, and countertop suppliers in the world.
- Initial Client consultation – The design process beings with a consultation at our show room or in your home to obtain the necessary information needed to design your dream kitchen, bath, or space.
- Design – We carefully design the space, keeping your desires as the foundation of our creativity.
- Feedback / Design Approval – Working with you, using your feedback to get final Design approval.
- Installation Meeting – We meet with the installers, prior to installation to go over ALL the details.
- Post Installation Follow-up – We follow-up with you to make sure everything went well during installation.
Our award winning designs collaboratively work together to create the perfect space for you.
>> View our designers