The easiest way to help your cabinets look great for a very long time is routine cleaning. Here are a few simple and easy tips to helping your cabinets look perfect!
- Make a habit of wiping down your cabinets once a week. Dampen a towel or cloth with multipurpose cleaning and wipe the outside of the doors. Make sure to get around the knobs and under pulls as these are high traffic areas.
- Give your cabinets a deep clean every season. Take everything out of the cabinets and wipe down the shelves, as well as inside and outside of doors. Use a toothbrush to help you clean in the cracks and crevices. Make sure to dry the surfaces as you go. This is also the perfect time to go through your kitchen and purge items that are broken or taking up too much room. Here is an idea of when you should do this: beginning of the new year, right around Saint Patrick’s Day, after Fourth of July, and right after Halloween.
- To wash away stains on painted cabinets, make a mixture of baking soda and water. Cover the stain with the baking soda mixture and let it sit for a few minutes. Wipe away the mixture with a damp cloth, and buff the cabinets dry. For wood cabinets, use oil soap for cleaning and adding shine.
This is also the perfect time to do some organizing! Here are a few simple organization tips to make your cabinets as user friendly as possible!
- Put those tiny, corner cabinets to use by installing a simple wire rack to hang linens. Your tablecloths will be ready for your next dinner party, and your cabinet will be organized and clutter free!
- If you have some deep drawers that you don’t know what to do with, try getting a peg-and-board insert that can be sized to fit your existing drawers. They can be adjusted to secure stacks of bowls and plates!
- Those shallow drawers can be easy junk drawers, but are ideal with storing linens. Sort tablecloths, runners, and napkins. You will be thankful the next time you go looking for a tablecloth for a dinner party.
>> View Our Featured Work
Contact us (859) 331-8100 today to see what W.Stephens can do for you!
About W.Stephens Cabinetry & Design
1-Source Turnkey Planning and Design Services
W.Stephens Cabinetry and Design provides planning and design services for the entire home including kitchens, bathrooms, wet bars, butler pantries, libraries, home theaters, and closets. Our designers follow a project from conception to completion, assisting clients in not only space-planning and design but also guiding clients through each step of the project.
Quality Cabinet and Hardware Suppliers
We are aligned with the top cabinet, appliance, hardware, and countertop suppliers in the world.
- Initial Client consultation – The design process beings with a consultation at our show room or in your home to obtain the necessary information needed to design your dream kitchen, bath, or space.
- Design – We carefully design the space, keeping your desires as the foundation of our creativity.
- Feedback / Design Approval – Working with you, using your feedback to get final Design approval.
- Installation Meeting – We meet with the installers, prior to installation to go over ALL the details.
- Post Installation Follow-up – We follow-up with you to make sure everything went well during installation.
Our award winning designs collaboratively work together to create the perfect space for you.
>> View our designers