How can you decide what bathroom flooring is best for you? There are so many choices it can become very stressful to make that decision. Whether you are renovating or building a new bathroom, the selection of flooring can be very difficult since there advantages and disadvantages to every type of flooring. Often it’s easiest to eliminate choices to two types of flooring to help make your selection fit your budget and lifestyle. Here are some differences and advantages when selecting laminate or tile floors for your bathroom…
Laminate flooring is generally less expensive, easiest to install and even offers lower maintenance as compared to other flooring types. It’s a very popular option and is a perfect choice for homeowners on a budget or if you want easy and quick installation.
The flooring is made to look expensive, without the cost, so who doesn’t love that! It’s made of a synthetic material and built in a way that makes it very easy to assemble. Laminate doesn’t require nails, glue, or other materials to assemble you just click and lock it in. It’s covered with a great thick invisible layer for exceptionally easy clean up.
Although laminate flooring is a very desirable choice, it may not be what you want in your bathroom design. Some homeowners prefer a more natural look, or are uncomfortable with the thought of using synthetic materials.
For homeowners who can afford it, the choice of tile may be perfect for your bathroom floor. Prices can start about $4 per square foot so be sure to measure your bathroom to determine how much tile will be needed for your room. Even though the cost is much higher and it’s not easy to install, it might be a better option for your flooring.
Other floor types don’t usually last as long a tile floors which makes it more desirable. It’s generally cooler than laminate, so if you live in a warmer climate, or simply prefer a cooler floor it could be a better option. When choosing tile colors for your bathroom, keep in mind, lighter colors show more dirt and you will spend more time cleaning your floors!
Contact us (859-331-8100) today to make an appointment!
About W.Stephens Cabinetry & Design
Quality Cabinet and Hardware Suppliers
We are aligned with the top cabinet, appliance, hardware, and countertop suppliers in the world.
- Initial Client consultation – The design process beings with a consultation at our show room or in your home to obtain the necessary information needed to design your dream kitchen, bath, or space.
- Design – We carefully design the space, keeping your desires as the foundation of our creativity.
- Feedback / Design Approval – Working with you, using your feedback to get final Design approval.
- Installation Meeting – We meet with the installers, prior to installation to go over ALL the details.
- Post Installation Follow-up – We follow-up with you to make sure everything went well during installation.
Our award winning designs collaboratively work together to create the perfect space for you.
>> View our designers